Deliver pre- and post-roll content
Pre- and post-roll videos are played before or after your subscription video content. These videos can include promotional content, ratings, dub credits, logos, and certificates. Pre- and post-roll videos may be rejected by quality control if they do not meet the specified standards.
Reach out to your Apple Technical Partner Representative to enable your content for pre- and post-roll videos.
How to deliver pre- and post-roll content
Pre- and post-roll videos must be delivered in separate .itmsp packages. At a minimum, the .itmsp package must include a metadata.xml file and video source. Captions are optional but recommended. You can deliver other components, such as subtitles or alternate audio, as needed. In the XML, supply a unique vendor ID for the video, which is referenced in the subscription video XML using the
For more information about full asset delivery, review the Pre-Roll and Post-Roll Video Specification.
Business policies and minimum requirements
- Ratings for pre- or post-roll videos should not be higher than the associated show or movie. For example, if the associated movie is rated for ages 12 and up, the pre- or post-roll videos should not be rated for ages 18 and up.
- The accessibility options for pre- or post-roll videos should match the accessibility options for the associated show or movie. For example, if the associated movie has closed captions and subtitles, the pre- or post-roll videos should have closed captions and subtitles.
- Audio formats of the pre- or post-roll videos should match the audio formats of the associated show or movie as close as possible.
- The frame rate, resolution, and color space of the pre- and post-roll videos should match the full asset where possible.
- Pre- or post-roll videos must be a minimum of five seconds and up to a maximum of 90 seconds.
- Pre- or post-roll videos should not contain third-party promotions or sponsorships.
- Pre- or post-roll videos can be used to promote your own services and channel offerings.